- Adhesives & Bonding Expo Europe, 5-7 December, Stuttgart
- Important information and advice for the future of the tape business
- Adhesive Tape Market Size [2022-2029] | Industry Growth, Share, and Forecast Report by Fortune Busin
- Cookies Policy
- What is masking tape, the use of masking tape
Many solder joints on PCBs are being replaced by more flexible conductive adhesives. Contacts and components continue to function reliably despite the size reductions. The ongoing trend towards miniaturization of PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) presents challenges. To protect sensitive components, adhesives are applied to PCBs as ball tops, coatings or underfills for chips. DEASSCO offers a wide range of adhesives for these applications meeting the needs of various markets.
Adhesives have many applications in printed circuit board and PCB assembly:
1. Connect components on the PCB
Chips or SMDs (Surface Mount Devices) are usually attached to PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) using UV curable adhesives before soldering.
2. Conductive adhesives for PCB applications
Conductive adhesives are the perfect solution for forming electrical contacts on circuit boards and other heat-sensitive substrates.
3. Thermally conductive adhesives for PCB applications
Thermally conductive adhesives are often used to dissipate heat from power electronics.
4. Conformal coating
Conformal coatings are used to protect electronic components from environmental elements.
5. Flip Chip Underfill
Underfills are used for mechanical stability of the flip chip. This is especially important when soldering ball grid array (BGA) chips.
6. Dome sealant
Sealing compounds and encapsulants are often used in electronics as so-called domes to protect electronic components.
2018-05-18Electrical Tape Manufacturers
2018-05-17Duct Tape Manufacturers
2018-05-17Foam Adhesive Tape Manufacturers